Valerie Steele, fashion historian and chief curator of The Museum at FIT came in this afternoon for an interview. She looked stylish in her black Isabel Toledo suit. (The museum is wrapping up an Isabel Toledo exhibit and Valerie will be speaking with the designer herself tonight; so it was a sure bet that she'd be wearing something from her collection.) In our recap of New York Fashion Week, Valerie proclaimed that short skirts are back. But will the fad of over-the-knee boots last? Will black ever go out of style? And what's the deal with the Japanese denim fetish? All of this will be explained when the interview goes live next week. Stay tuned: Valerie had some really interesting things to say.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.