Sometimes the best insights into the human mind can be found by poking about in odd places. This week Psychology professor and "Snoop" author Sam Gosling revisited Big Think to discuss the latest directions his inventive research has taken.
Best known for studying the inadvertent, yet telling clues about ourselves we leave in our bedrooms and offices, Gosling has more recently explored the virtual spaces we create on Facebook and similar sites, which often reveal the same personality traits as our physical spaces. He also described his research into another place that yields surprising clues to human personality: the minds of animals.
Gosling stopped by Big Think last year as well; his explanation of what our private workspaces say about us can be found here.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.