Ed Koch, the former three-term mayor of New York City, visited Big Think yesterday afternoon and lived up to his reputation as the quintessential New Yorker. He spoke of his fondness for Chinatown and the Bohemian days in the West Village, when a beer was 10 cents. He also criticized President Obama for planning to send more troops to Afghanistan, warning that Obama will be a one-term president if he doesn't pull the troops out.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the Universe.
- The researchers think our Universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the Universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.