This week Big Think decided to give Twitter a big bear hug. Why? We realized the Twitosphere had (undeservedly) become the neglected stepchild of our various social media profiles. To date, we have accumulated nearly 30,000 followers, and appreciate the twaffic they help bring to Big Think. We've even sought the advice of the former U.S. Poet Laureate, Robert Pinsky, on how to compose the perfect Tweet. And yet, we noticed that some of our own have embarrassingly few followers and are tweeting with woefully inadequate frequency.
A principal offender is Big Thinker @DanielHonan, a relative newcomer to the Twitter game. Some have suggested his Twitter deficiency is due to a long-winded manner that does not lend itself well to 140-character posts.
On the other hand, one would think that Big Thinker @AndrewDermont's self-absorbed nature would make him a flourishing Twitter user, but alas.
And so we decided to change all of that. @DanielHonan and @AndrewDermont challenged each other to a Tweet-off. We wondered how each of them might improve their twettiquette. Would @AndrewDermont's celebrity syndrome hold him back? Would @DanielHonan be called out on his bulltwit? Most importantly, who would be rewarded with the most followers? But what began as a healthy competition soon turned into an all-out Twitter War.
Now you get to decide who deserves to come out on top. @DanielHonan and @AndrewDermont each have 140 characters to state their cases for why they are the most worthy of your follow. 1,2,3,4, we declare a Twitter War. Go!
@DanielHonan: I RT b4 I get outta bed in da AM. Chk me 4 FAV daily twitamin FTW @AndrewDermont = TrashTweeter BFN
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
A new study shows that some men's reaction to sex is not what you'd expect, resulting in a condition previously observed in women.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.