Famed First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams stopped by Big Think's offices today to discuss everything one needs to know about the constitutional amendment which guarantees so many of our basic freedoms. An expert on constitutional law and an attorney with Cahill Gordon & Reindell, Abrams has argued dozens of cases before the Supreme Court during his almost half-century tenure in law. Abrams gave us his list of the five most important cases that have reshaped the definition of the First Amendment. He also talked about the ongoing WikiLeaks scandal that threatens to undermine American goals in Afghanistan, contrasting it to his Pentagon Papers case in 1974.
If you want to be notified when our video interview with Floyd Abrams is posted, please subscribe to the What's New at Big Think RSS feed.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
We're talking Ghost in the Shell type of stuff.
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.