Carl Bernstein: Reinstate the Draft
Legendary reporter Carl Bernstein stopped by Big Think's offices this afternoon for a video interview to talk about the legacy of Watergate, the state of investigative journalism today, and how the government continues to fail the American public. Bernstein spoke about what it was like to have such a major success so early in his journalism career, and revealed the misgivings he had when Mark Felt finally revealed himself to be the anonymous source Deep Throat in 2005. Bernstein also said that the U.S. should reinstate the draft and require young people to perform some kind of public service, saying that such a draft would certainly have kept us from going to war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
If you want to be notified when our video interview with Carl Bernstein is posted, please subscribe to the What's New at Big Think RSS feed.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.