Weill Cornell Medical College researcher Oliver Fein said yesterday that
the Obama administration is not likely to pursue a single-payer insurance model.
to avoid rancorous bipartisanship and defering to the enormously
profitable pharmaceutical industry, Obama, Fein says, will not advocate
for large-scale change to the current system under which tens of
millions of Americans are left uninsured.
He said such a position by the president "flies in the face of
evidence" that suggests Americans do indeed support a single-payer
Fein proposes comprehensive coverage that is scaled by income, paid for
by a central public fund and delivered through private channels.
Stay tuned for the full interview with Dr. Fein to be released shortly.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.