Pour another coffee and cuddle up with some material to round out your weekend.
Niall Ferguson tells us the truth about financial deregulation, in case you thought it was totally for blame for our current straits.
Taking Richard Florida to task, Joel Kotkin says what American cities need is an economically solid middle class, not a high-earning creative class that flits from cool place to cool place.
Do we draw a bit too much from Paolo Friere's Pedagogy of the Oppressed in all the urban savior teacher-ed programs?
Jeff Sachs, Esther Duflo, Geoffrey Canada, Naomi Klein, Malcolm Gladwell and David Remnick speak at the New Yorker Summit 2009.
The unanswered questions about Obama's vision for health care in America get their due at Salon.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.