This week Big Think is pleased to welcome the newest member of our blogging team: acclaimed investigative journalist and photographer Lindsay Beyerstein. Lindsay's BT blog, Focal Point, will be a continuation of her previous blog, Majikthise, and will cover "politics, ideas, photography, and feminism" with the timeliness and humor that have won her fans across the globe.
Based in Brooklyn, NY, Lindsay was the recipient of a 2009 Project Censored Award and has spoken about journalism and media at MIT, the Center for American Progress, the National Organization for Women conference, and BlogHer. Her reporting has appeared in Salon, Slate, The New York Press, In These Times, and AlterNet, among other publications. She is also the author of Morning Coffee, a daily international news bulletin produced by the UN Foundation's UN Dispatch Blog.
Lindsay's first Big Think post appears this morning. Enjoy!
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- There are 2 different approaches to governing free speech on college campuses.
- One is a morality/order approach. The other is a bottom-up approach.
Two new studies say yes. Unfortunately, each claims a different time.
- Both studies involved mice on treadmills and measured different markers to produce their results.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.