Big Think Sits Down with Ann Fudge
We're rolling out two videos today from our interview with Ann Fudge, former CEO and Chairman of Young and Rubicam Brands, a marketing and communications firm. At the time, Fudge was one of the highest ranking African American female executives. In these videos, she pontificates on what needs to happen for education reform to work, and the uncertain future of democracy. Fudge worries that as a country, "we are losing civility and openness." What do you think?
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.