A Baritone’s Deep Thoughts
Thomas Hampson is a large man, with even bigger ideas. He stopped by Big Think to talk about his craft, as well as the current state of classical music. From remembering a childhood of singing and dancing, to his first operatic performance in Hansel and Gretel, Hampson let Big Think in on a few of his important experiences growing up. A champion of the American song, Hampson explained what that actually means, linking poetry and music together. He even talked about those days that he would rather not hear anything, since music has become something that constantly surrounds us.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.