The Question to Ask Conservative Talk Show Host.
It seems that the word liberal gets a bad rap these days, especially on conservative talk radio, being a liberal I find their definition disturbing. They basically want you to beleive that a liberal wants more taxes and bigger government and a conservative wants less taxes and smaller government. Let see what the American Heritage Dictionary says. Lberal means to give freely (generous), favoring proposals for reform (broad minded). Conservative means Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change, tending to conserve; preservative. Now useing these definitions lets define the Taliban, Al Qaeda or the KKK. This is the question conservatives talk show host will not answer.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.