The Question to Ask Conservative Talk Show Host.
It seems that the word liberal gets a bad rap these days, especially on conservative talk radio, being a liberal I find their definition disturbing. They basically want you to beleive that a liberal wants more taxes and bigger government and a conservative wants less taxes and smaller government. Let see what the American Heritage Dictionary says. Lberal means to give freely (generous), favoring proposals for reform (broad minded). Conservative means Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change, tending to conserve; preservative. Now useing these definitions lets define the Taliban, Al Qaeda or the KKK. This is the question conservatives talk show host will not answer.
Harvard psychologists discover why we dislike the people who deliver bad news.
- A new study looked at why people tend to "shoot the messenger".
- It's a fact that people don't like those who deliver them bad news.
- The effect stems from our inherent need to make sense of bad or unpredictable situations.
He reminds us that meaning is wherever we choose to look.
- Alan Watts suggests there is no ultimate meaning of life, but that "the quality of our state of mind" defines meaning for us.
- This is in contradiction to the notion that an inner essence is waiting to be discovered.
- Paying attention to everyday, mundane objects can become highly significant, filling life with meaning.
If life exists on Mars, there's a good chance it's related to us, say researchers.
When MIT research scientist Christopher Carr visited a green sand beach in Hawaii at the age of 9, he probably didn't think that he'd use the little olivine crystals beneath his feet to one day search for extraterrestrial life.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.