District Administration unveiled what looks to be a very interesting new resource last Friday.
Like the Ed-Tech Insiders at eSchoolNews and the TechLearning bloggers, The Pulse is an online area where many leading and provocative education thinkers will post their thoughts on various issues and actively encourage interaction and debate. Here's just a few of the folks they have lined up:
There are a bunch of other folks not listed above, so there should be a little something for everybody.
The contributors don't appear to be holding back any. For example, the title of Gary Stager's initial post is BS and the Art of Crap Detection. Of course I was attracted to this post by Linda Polin: Legislate This: Integrating Technology into School Administration!
The Pulse has a RSS feed for those of you using aggregators. See you in the discussion boards!
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Archeologists had been doubtful since no such ship had ever been found.
- In 450 BCE, Greek historian Herodotus described a barge that's never been found.
- One boat, Ship 17, uncannily matches the Herodotus' description.
- Horseshoe crabs' blue blood is so valuable that a quart of it can be sold for $15,000.
- This is because it contains a molecule that is crucial to the medical research community.
- While on Joe Rogan's podcast, he explains his thoughts on the gender differences in society.
- On another episode, Peterson discusses the development of character through competition.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.