The problem with God
I would like to start by saying I do beleive in God but in more of a Tao as opposed to God as presented in the Judeo-Christian sense. The problems I have with that God are many. But for those who do beleive in him (and it does seem to be a 'he' specifically which poses a problem right away) what are your thoughts on the following...
If God is loving... why did he create us dependant on killing and devouring other creatures? Ok, so we sinned and got kicked out of the garden... what exactly did the animals do that was so bad? If we were the 'bad' guys, why is it that we aren't on the bottom of the food chain? God being perfect... why wouldn't he create us so that we didn't need anything to eat... or air to breathe for that matter... why do we have to breathe?
There are a number of things that just don't fit for me...but I'lll start here.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.