The power of a good message
It may be that few of you are interested in this besides me, but I thought I'd post on the impact that Did You Know? has had on this blog over the past month. I posted earlier that Karl Fisch's video had gone viral yet again, this time outside the education community. Karl and I continue to have some very interesting exchanges with folks about the presentation; there now are even spin-offs and parodies.
According to Feedburner, on February 12 I had 378 subscribers to Dangerously Irrelevant and 352 folks who actually visited the blog that day. Over the past 30 days this blog has averaged 1,095 visitors per day. As of yesterday, the number of subscribers to this blog is 639. In other words, traffic to my web site has about tripled (although it's slowing down of late) and the number of individuals who have decided to add me to their RSS aggregators has increased 70%. Now that's the power of a good message combined with technology that enables reach! (FYI, the most popular YouTube version of Did You Know? has been viewed over 274,000 times)
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.