The Potential Risks of electing a Black or Female President
When and if the first black or female United State President is elected this November, then the fundamental assumptions of the divide posed by past discrimination practices may be perceived differently than we might now expect. Regardless of how great such election events might be, there also may be negative consequences. Because of the competitive, religious social, political and economic nature of the various camps involved, as a "big thinker" I wonder if anyone else senses that there is a tremendous load of silent anger and animosity and that has built up within factions of the American public over the decades? It has been a while since there have been major riots in our cities. Should this issue be openly discussed now rather than later?
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
- Fewer than 50 people worldwide have 'golden blood' — or Rh-null.
- Blood is considered Rh-null if it lacks all of the 61 possible antigens in the Rh system.
- It's also very dangerous to live with this blood type, as so few people have it.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.