The plite of Africa
With all the billions of dollars that have been pumped into the "save Africa" efforts in the last twenty years, why hasn't someone gone in and either dug a river through Africa to these poverished communities or just moved them to a more suitable environment? There never seems to be enough money to help them. And, am I the only one that thinks maybe they should be taught birth control? Why would they continue to have children, knowing that they are more than likely going to die of starvation or disease. Just throwing food to them is never going to solve the problem. With the amount of money that has been wasted in "aide" an entire city with apartments, running water, electricity, factories, and development could have been build many times over. Stop giving them a fish, and teach them how to catch their own,
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.