The peaceful reunification of North and South Korea by 2015 is likely.
The South needs the North as a source of low-cost labor to compete with China and the developing world. The North needs the South for everything from feeding the people to dragging the country into the 21st century. Like the reunification of East and West Germany, both sides will eventually have an open border, common currency, and a fully integrated economy. Unlike Germany, integration will occur at a much slower pace, given how much poorer North Korea is compared to how poor East Germany was.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.