the path to energy independence
the United States and, presumably, other major oil importing countries, should embark on a massive program to develop alternatives to our dependence on imported oil. Such a program would include, for instance, government financed research on alternative fuels, subsidies and credits for the use of energy alternatives such as solar heated homes and electric automobiles, and government mandates such as limits on carbon emissions and higher mpg auto fleet averages.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.