The only reason why we have religion is because we are scared to die.
If we think we know what happens after death it's a lot easier to accept it, humans fear ignorance. We hate not knowing the why's and how's of the world around us.
When some say "faith" i think they sometimes mean "hope." Think about it. Most people accept a religion without any real reason to accept other than what others have told them is supposedly the truth. And all of this is nothing more than a way to explan what happens after death... which we still do not know.
So why fear it at all?
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.