The Mind is a Unique Machine that Thinks by Processing Physical Signals
Introspection by drawing a rough analogy to computers reveals that the human mind, created by evolution, is a unique biophysical machine performing thinking by processing coded discrete batches of natural electrochemical signals to serve as the control center of the body or person, enabling it to circulate maximally autonomously in the environmentin various societies. It follows internal instructions equivalent to computer programs, the instincts being operating systems and mental application programs being constantly updated by inputs from the environment. All information is physical, in the form of those signals and the analog sound waves and light photons for human communication and digital electromagnetic pulses for computers. These facts have major ramifications for information professionals, particularly lawyers and mental health therapists. This leaves no room for direct supranatural influence on human affairs but merely through misconceptions within the mind.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.