The Humor of (rational) Language
communication between scientists as registered by non-scientist
This paragraph is NOT gobalygook! It's real Physics and I find it hilarious: "We leave a number of questions open. In particular: (i) the extension to real Immirzi parameter γ ; (ii) the inclusion of more realistic matter ﬁelds; (iii) understanding the relation between the ψ(v, φ) homogeneous states and the full ψ(jf , ιt , φt ) states in the spinnetwork basis; and (iv) the detailed comparison with the LQC quantiz"
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.