The human race?
I've always pondered the wording of this phrase, The human race. Are we all just competitors in this race we called life. it does pose a lot of intriguing questions; is there a prize at the end for the winner? does the universe reward 2nd place?
I do believe that there also must be a certain set of rules we must follow. these rules, i think, are all around us and are there to help keep life on track. it doesn't where you are from what colour you are, the religion we choose, EVERYONE starts on an even playing ground. its whether you follow the rules, determines where you finish!
"The human race is a non-stop race. With too many trials but no real case" this is a line from a famous australian band which touches lightly on the topic and shows there are people around who are in tune with this subject.
well good luck to my fellow competitiors and hopefully one day i shall see you with me on the winner's podium.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.