The Fabric of Spacetime
Have you ever wondered what the fabric of spacetime is made of? I have. It seems most elusive to scientists. Honestly, from what I can tell, no one has really tried to answer the question (or ask it). So here I am, a science buff and professional layperson, calling scientists out. This is an important question!
Ask a string theorist how matter behaves on its most fundamental level, and they will have an answer for you. Ask a cosmologist how a black hole forms, and they will have an answer. But the fact is that both treat their phenomena as occuring ON TOP OF the fabric of spacetime (FOST). As if matter were some sort of extra layer that in no way depends on the FOST for it's existence. This simply cannot be true. Let us perform a paradigm shift. Ready?
I believe that the fabric of spacetime is made up of the Bose-Einstein condensate. That is, the FOST is made up of the same baryonic matter as you and I.
Let's examine this idea. What is the Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC)? I would like to recommend this as the dossier to the BEC.
Let us now tie everything together. The temperature in interstellar space is certainly cold enough to be a BEC, but isn't it that cold because matter is extremely diffuse there? No. Remember the BEC has properties akin to a wave, not a particle. There is ALOT of matter in interstellar space. However, it is the case that the wave functions have not decohered because there is no one there to perform a quantum measurement on it. If only we could hang out in the interstellar medium with scanning electron microscopes! Then we would see how densely packed with matter it really is! Perhaps, I will leave it at that and let your imagination take over.
It has not escaped my notice that this resolves the mutual exclusivity of quantum mechanics and general relativity, and is thus a "theory of everything". This conclusion may also lend itself to the problem of dark matter and dark energy, which are certainly illusory concepts that would do well to leave our collective consciousness. Cheers!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
The rise of anti-scientific thinking and conspiracy is a concerning trend.
- Fifty years later after one of the greatest achievements of mankind, there's a growing number of moon landing deniers. They are part of a larger trend of anti-scientific thinking.
- Climate change, anti-vaccination and other assorted conspiratorial mindsets are a detriment and show a tangible impediment to fostering real progress or societal change.
- All of these separate anti-scientific beliefs share a troubling root of intellectual dishonesty and ignorance.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.