The Good, The True & The Beautiful
I recently interviewed my friend Steve McIntosh, a Boulder, Colorado-based philosopher, author, and entrepreneur, about his forthcoming book on the subject of evolutionary spirituality (title TBD). Steve is the author of two other books, Integral Consciousness and Evolution's Purpose, and in this interview, we went into great depth about what he sees as the next step in the evolution of spirituality.
I am always impressed by Steve's ability to speak about the way that culture evolves through higher expressions of beauty, truth, and goodness. In this interview, which we did over Skype last month, you'll get a sense of the unique lens through which he sees the world.
We all know that evolution applies to the natural world, but how might Darwin's dangerous idea transform our understanding of spirituality, and even of God? The Evolutionary Spirituality Online Course will introduce you to some of today's leading reinterpreters of spirit for an evolutionary age.
Featuring: Michael Murphy, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Andrew Cohen, Brian Swimme, George Leonard, and more.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Explore a legendary philosopher's take on how society fails to prepare us for education and progress.
- Alan Watts was an instrumental figure in the 1960s counterculture revolution.
- He believed that we put too much of a focus on intangible goals for our educational and professional careers.
- Watts believed that the whole educational enterprise is a farce compared to how we should be truly living our lives.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.