Rene Descartes in his meditations comes across a problem. The basic problem is, "How do I know that what I am experiencing now is nothing more than an elaborate dream?" In other words, "How do I know that I am not a brain in a tank somewhere in Kansas, and everything I experience is a result of a supercomputer connected to my brain?"
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.