The Broad Brushstrokes of BMW
This week BMW and ad agency GSD&M revealed a campaign for the automaker's new Z4 sports car. "An Expression of Joy" is maybe the first campaign this year that makes overspending on an unneeded luxury seem like a good idea.
Art and luxury are often placed in the same category and it's safe to say most people are avoiding the temptation to buy either these days. But BMW has done something unique. Somehow, they've placed the Z4 in both categories while making it more accessible to the general public—that is, people who might appreciate the BMW brand and art but only when it hits them in the face.
Who wouldn't want to take an expensive sports car and cover it with paint? To me, the consumer, that's the point. All the commercials with zippy cars cruising down wet highways are meaningless if we can't buy them.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
The controversy over whether Jesus had any siblings is reignited after an amazing new discovery of an ancient text.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.