Pope Francis: Catholic Church "Obsessed" with Abortion, Gay Marriage and Contraception
While Francis points the finger at leaders who have been "obsessed" with divisive social issues, some find his silence on these issues to be problematic.
Pope Francis has done a remarkable job of changing the conversation about the Catholic Church.
In the wake of scandals and debates over divisive social issues, Francis has focused on humility and aiding the world's poor. His most recent comments - recorded in a series of interviews with Rev. Antonio Spadaro and published in the journal America - bluntly call for the Church to be a "home for all" and not a "small chapel" obsessed with issues such as abortion, gay marriage and contraception that have alienated many Catholics.
And yet, while Francis points the finger at leaders who have been "obsessed" with divisive social issues, some find his silence on these issues to be problematic.
What do you think?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.