Chinese Company Looks to Isolate Genius Genes
In theory, a genetics research firm could enable parents to choose 'smart embryos.'
A Chinese company, convinced of the idea that IQ is largely inherited, is looking to isolate the genes of "math geniuses." Then, at least in theory, parents would be able to choose 'smart embryos.'
The Shenzhen-based company BGI has already collected 2,000 DNA samples, and is looking to grow its collection. This project is based on the belief that two or three out of every hundred children turns out to be significantly more intelligent.
Tell us what you think.
Research in plant neurobiology shows that plants have senses, intelligence and emotions.
- The field of plant neurobiology studies the complex behavior of plants.
- Plants were found to have 15-20 senses, including many like humans.
- Some argue that plants may have awareness and intelligence, while detractors persist.
E-cigarettes may be safer than traditional cigarettes, but they come with their own risks.
- A new study used an MRI machine to examine how vaping e-cigarettes affects users' cardiovascular systems immediately after inhalation.
- The results showed that vaping causes impaired circulation, stiffer arteries and less oxygen in their blood.
- The new study adds to a growing body of research showing that e-cigarettes – while likely safer than traditional cigarettes – are far from harmless.
- In nature, properties of Particle B may be depend on what we choose to measure or manipulate with Particle A, even at great distances.