Thank you, young people
On my blog, I said a few months ago that we 'ought to give kids a whack on the side of the head' so they'd know that change is in their hands. Now you have given the rest of us a whack that shows that you see the light far better than many of your elders do.
You helped us see beyond illusion, beyond the irrelevant, and beyond fear. You taught us hope and you taught us courage. What I saw on the Mall on January 20 was a passing of leadership to you; you have shown us all that you not only have the right to lead but that you will lead with greater hope and courage than we have often shown.
So, thank you for revealing your strength and your vision. The country and the world are in good hands.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.