Thank you for your humble and eloquently stated life experience. You prove(d) to be a human becoming while others surrounding you were not comfortable with overcoming their fears and the ignorance supporting such. Your individualism is admirable in so many ways.
Even though I grew up near Malcolm X's and Whitney Young's birthplace, I was not old enough nor encouraged by my 'influencers' to pay close attention, while these civil rights advocates became known internationally. At the same time, I was fortunate to not be taught blatant prejudice and had an easier time than you did with developing common sense towards these matters.
As we focus towards and celebrate the similarities among humans vs. keeping "blinders" of ignorance in place, we are more often experiencing a return to the "melting-pot" which birthed this country. Accept with more inclination towards equal footing for the majority and eventually, hopefully all.Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
Is everyone's favorite Thanksgiving centerpiece really to blame for the post-dinner doldrums?
- Americans kill around 45 million turkeys every year in preparation for the Thanksgiving meal, only to blame our favorite centerpiece for the following food comas.
- Rumor has it our after-dinner sleepiness results from the tryptophan found in turkey.
- However, it is the meal's overall nutritional imbalance, not just the tryptophan, that make us want to leave the dishes for tomorrow. Or maybe the next day.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The famed author headed to the pond thanks to Indian philosophy.
- The famed author was heavily influenced by Indian literature, informing his decision to self-exile on Walden Pond.
- He was introduced to these texts by his good friend's father, William Emerson.
- Yoga philosophy was in America a century before any physical practices were introduced.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.