Thank you for your humble and eloquently stated life experience. You prove(d) to be a human becoming while others surrounding you were not comfortable with overcoming their fears and the ignorance supporting such. Your individualism is admirable in so many ways.
Even though I grew up near Malcolm X's and Whitney Young's birthplace, I was not old enough nor encouraged by my 'influencers' to pay close attention, while these civil rights advocates became known internationally. At the same time, I was fortunate to not be taught blatant prejudice and had an easier time than you did with developing common sense towards these matters.
As we focus towards and celebrate the similarities among humans vs. keeping "blinders" of ignorance in place, we are more often experiencing a return to the "melting-pot" which birthed this country. Accept with more inclination towards equal footing for the majority and eventually, hopefully all.Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
The tactics that work now won't work for long.
Great ideas in philosophy often come in dense packages. Then there is where the work of Marcus Aurelius.
- Meditations is a collection of the philosophical ideas of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius.
- Written as a series of notes to himself, the book is much more readable than the dry philosophy most people are used to.
- The advice he gave to himself 2,000 years ago is increasingly applicable in our hectic, stressed-out lives.
By working together, and learning from one another, we can build better systems.
- Many of the things that we experience, are our imagination manifesting into this physical realm, avers artist Dustin Yellin.
- People need to completely rethink the way they work together, and learn from one another, that they they can build better systems. If not, things may get "really dark" soon.
- The first step to enabling cooperation is figuring out where the common ground is. Through this method, despite contrary beliefs, we may be able to find some degree of peace.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.