Tax Suplemented Religious Ed.
Would you like your tax dollars to support the religious brain washing of your children?
In the U.S. we use tax funded dollars to support charter schools. Hundreds of thousands of churches added on charter schools and began receiving tax payer money. Many families are faced with the decision of either sending their child to a getto school or a religious brain washing school.
Some of the schools do a great job of separating church from state in the class room but make up for it by playing religious music in the background while entering the school and between periods of classes.
Some of them are still using posters to portray fear, which are placed stategically throughout the facility.
In a nation that promotes itself as a leader in seperating church from state, should the tax payers be made to pay into that crap?
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.