Tax Suplemented Religious Ed.
Would you like your tax dollars to support the religious brain washing of your children?
In the U.S. we use tax funded dollars to support charter schools. Hundreds of thousands of churches added on charter schools and began receiving tax payer money. Many families are faced with the decision of either sending their child to a getto school or a religious brain washing school.
Some of the schools do a great job of separating church from state in the class room but make up for it by playing religious music in the background while entering the school and between periods of classes.
Some of them are still using posters to portray fear, which are placed stategically throughout the facility.
In a nation that promotes itself as a leader in seperating church from state, should the tax payers be made to pay into that crap?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.