PopularSurprising SciencePersonal GrowthMind & BrainSex & RelationshipsTechnology & InnovationCulture & ReligionPolitics & Current Affairs
- There are islands in the Chesapeake Bay that have already succumbed to sea level rise, one of them is Holland Island.
- Even in a best case scenario, the consensus is that we'll get at least two feet of sea level rise by the year 2100.
- One big question is: What will happen when flooding gets worse and worse and people decide there's no hope for them anymore to live in their respective towns.
The more Greenland melts, the more Greenland melts. Here's why.
07 July, 2019
- The Arctic right is currently warming about twice as fast as the rest of the world.
- Ice is white and bright and is able to reflect solar energy back into space. When it melts and exposes dark, open ocean, that open ocean absorbs more sunlight and more energy. This creates a kind of feedback loop.
- The darkness absorbs more solar energy — more sunlight. In turn, this accelerates the melt of the ice.