Any exercise is better than none, but no one wants to waste their time in the gym. Learn how to get the most out of your workout here.
- Not everyone wants the same thing out of a workout session. We each have our distinct goals.
- We should keep in mind that pain doesn't always mean gain.
- You are much more likely to succeed in your exercise goals if you hold yourself accountable by writing down your intentions and plans.
It all depends on what type of creativity we're discussing.
- There are two peaks to creativity: One in our mid-20s and another 30 years later.
- Conceptual innovators set out with explicit goals that they carefully execute, while experimental innovators are synthesists, collecting ideas and incorporating them as they age.
- The study focuses on 31 Nobel laureates in economics.
Two new studies say yes. Unfortunately, each claims a different time.
- Research at the Weizmann Institute of Sciences declares evening to be the best time for an exercise session.
- Not so fast, says a new study at UC Irvine, which replies that late morning is the optimal workout time.
- Both studies involved mice on treadmills and measured different markers to produce their results.
Sisu is an ancient concept that is an integral part of Finland's national character.
- Sisu is an important Finnish concept that helps natives tap into an "unexplored inner strength."
- Researcher Emilia Lahti surveyed over 1,000 Finnish citizens to discover what the term means to them.
- Lahti discovered her own sisu when completing 50 ultramarathons in 50 consecutive days to fight domestic violence.
But we already knew that, didn't we?
- American adults that exercise spend an average of 18 fewer days depressed every year.
- The large-scale study includes data from over 1.2 million Americans over a five-year period.
- The researchers note that too much exercise negatively impacts mental health.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.