Though written for his students, the lessons can be applied by any essay writer.
- The best way to improve your thinking is to learn how to write, says Jordan Peterson.
- His 10-step process for writing an essay is time consuming, but the benefits are worth it.
- From the granular to the macro, every facet of writing a solid essay is covered in his template.
Saving money doesn't mean sacrificing quality of life; in fact, it can be a way to improve it.
- U.S. household debt reached an all-time high in 2018, a year that also saw a severe drop in the personal savings rate.
- While the internet propagates many untenable ways to save, experts agree that small changes to our lives can result in large paybacks.
- These five ways to save money can lead to improved health and living a little greener.
Mindy Kaling, Taylor Swift, Oprah Winfrey, and more have learned a lot along the way.
Actress Mindy Kaling recently shared an epiphany she's had about success, telling Variety, "For many years, I thought that hard work was the only way you could succeed, but it's simply not true… Particularly if you're a woman of color, you need people to give you opportunities, because otherwise it won't happen. Talent is an important part of success, but you also need mentors to find promise in people that don't necessarily seem like they will fit in."
The fierce debate over participation trophies ignores a crucial fact: Children aren't idiots.
- Coaches, parents, and pro athletes malign participation trophies for teaching children the wrong life lessons.
- Psychologists argue it is more beneficial to praise a child's efforts over their achievements.
- But proponents who use participation trophies as emotional Band-Aids will find they do their children no favors either.
Thoughtful advice on how to manage a volatile market.
I check my finances, including my 401K, every single day. Every. Single. Day. My financial fixation stems from my mother's obsessive preoccupation with prioritizing saving over spending. She had several economic edicts on repeat throughout my childhood: Earn a dollar. Spend 50 cents. Save 50 cents; It's not how much you make, it's how much you keep.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.