A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
The writing is on the wall for the oil industry, according to a new report from BNP Paribas.
- The report claims that oil companies will need to produce oil at significantly lower prices if they want to stay competitive with renewables.
- Continuing to invest in oil production represents a multi-trillion-dollar opportunity cost to global society, the report states.
- As renewable energies are becoming cheaper, so are electric cars, thanks mainly to cheaper and more efficient batteries.
Lake Turkana Wind Power is expected to produce enough electricity to power 330,000 local homes.
- The new wind farm is located in a remote part of Kenya with strong winds.
- Kenya is leading Africa in terms of renewable energy and hopes to soon cease its reliance on fossil fuels altogether.
- Globally, China represents the biggest market for wind power.
It makes no "makes no economic or energy sense."
In November 2018, the Woolsey Fire scorched nearly 100,000 acres of Los Angeles and Ventura counties, destroying forests, fields and more than 1,500 structures, and forcing the evacuation of nearly 300,000 people over 14 days.
Is Tesla a car manufacturer or an energy company?
- The Greek government is considering collaborating with Tesla to modernize the electric grids on its many islands.
- The project(s) would involve microgrids connected to Tesla's energy storage systems.
- Tesla has helped to make energy storage technology better and more affordable in recent years.