It makes no "makes no economic or energy sense."
In November 2018, the Woolsey Fire scorched nearly 100,000 acres of Los Angeles and Ventura counties, destroying forests, fields and more than 1,500 structures, and forcing the evacuation of nearly 300,000 people over 14 days.
Is Tesla a car manufacturer or an energy company?
- The Greek government is considering collaborating with Tesla to modernize the electric grids on its many islands.
- The project(s) would involve microgrids connected to Tesla's energy storage systems.
- Tesla has helped to make energy storage technology better and more affordable in recent years.
Indiana ranks 3rd in coal consumption, but a primary energy utility there just declared the end of coal by 2028
- Where politicians fail, economic realities mean renewables are far less expensive: A savings of $4 billion over the next 30 years
- Indiana is 7th in coal production and 3rd in consumption; this is due to change rapidly
- The big winners? Solar and wind energies
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.