The Green New Deal is an ambitious attempt to fight climate change, but is it destined to hit the political skids?
- Recent protests by the Sunrise Movement have taken the Green New Deal from forgotten policy to trending hashtag.
- The Green New Deal aims to move the U.S. to 100% renewable energy within a decade.
- Proponents also hope to catalyze a top-down restructuring of the U.S. economy and advance social justice issues.
Regenerative capitalism challenges the belief that business success and environmental concerns are inherently at odds.
The suburbs are the spiritual home of overconsumption. But they also hold the key to a better future
Economic "degrowth" may be difficult to achieve, but a "prosperous descent" is possible.
Japan looks to replace China as the primary source of critical metals
- Enough rare earth minerals have been found off Japan to last centuries
- Rare earths are important materials for green technology, as well as medicine and manufacturing
- Where would we be without all of our rare-earth magnets?
This technology could close the gap between nature and the man-made environment.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.