When it comes to climate change, today's airplane pollution is a real problem.
- A new partnership between the Delft University of Technology and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has been announced along with a plan for a striking new plane.
- The Flying-V is a plane that's all wing, and promises a 20% reduction in fuel use.
- Riding in the Flying-V as it banks may not be for the faint of heart.
Techno-fixes will not get us where we need to be to stop the effects of climate change.
Step one, start the discussion.
As we watch the youth take to the streets over climate change, and read daily news reports on sea-level rise, glacier melt rates and the alarming amount of carbon in the atmosphere, many are left with a desire to act.
Cornell University researchers propose using biology to transform the storage of sustainable energy.
- Scientists from Cornell University suggest using biology to transform sustainable energy storage.
- The researchers propose combining biological and non-biological electrochemical engineering to improve on photosynthesis.
- Using electroactive microbes can produce biofuels.
The relentless sun makes life in the Sahara almost unbearable. But could it also be its greatest resource?
- If the Sahara Desert were a country, it would be the fifth largest in the world.
- Each square metre receives, on average, between 2,000 and 3,000 kilowatt hours of solar energy per year.
- There are two practical technologies at the moment to generate solar electricity within this context: concentrated solar power (CSP) and regular photovoltaic solar panels.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.