Virtual borders have also been subtly dividing the world
How much are free online goods worth to people, anyway? Researcher attempt to find an answer.
Could this be a new trend in the social media landscape?
- Facebook is considering hiding its "likes" tally, but hasn't offered any concrete details.
- Hiding likes is a feature that Facebook-owned Instagram has already begun testing in a number of different countries.
- The company is motivated by their concern for people's mental health, as well as a drive to increase meaningful usage of their sites.
Americans' inability to agree on what is true and what is false is a problem for democracy.
But some say the settlement is a slap on the wrist.
- The Federal Trade Commission and New York's attorney general reached an agreement with Google in which YouTube must pay a fine and bolster protections for children's privacy on its platform.
- Now, YouTube creators who created child-directed content will have to designate videos as such, and personalized ads will no longer be allowed on such content.
- YouTube said these changes will take place in about four months.