The report comes amid calls for antitrust investigations into big tech.
Bloomberg / Contributor
- Amazon's brand is valued at $315.5 billion, according to BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand ranking 2019.
- Apple comes second at $309.5 billion, and Google is third at $309 billion.
- "There is something going on in terms of monopoly," President Donald Trump said on Monday, referring to big tech companies.
With the interest of these tech giants, it looks like cryptocurrencies are here to stay.
- Cryptocurrencies have, until recently, seemed to be in a slump.
- Tech giants including Amazon, Google, Yahoo!, and Facebook are making moves, indicating that cryptocurrencies will soon become a bigger part of their platform.
- This renewed interest and could cause the price of cryptocurrencies to spike again in the near future.
GenTech aren't happy about how their data is being collected and used.
Why an early Facebook investor is now Facebook's biggest critic.
- Investor Roger McNamee joined Facebook as an early investor when the company was just two years old.
- In this video, he explains why he went from Facebook supporter to public critic, and why he came to write the book "Zucked: Waking Up to the Facebook Catastrophe".
- The next billion dollars Facebook makes means nothing if it doesn't reform its practices, says McNamee.
Big tech is making its opening moves into the health care scene, but its focus on tech-savvy millennials may miss the mark.
- Companies like Apple, Amazon, and Google have been busy investing in health care companies, developing new apps, and hiring health professionals for new business ventures.
- Their current focus appears to be on tech-savvy millennials, but the bulk of health care expenditures goes to the elderly.
- Big tech should look to integrating its most promising health care devise, the smartphone, more thoroughly into health care.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.