'For decades, all the major economists ... they all believed that we would be working less and less', Rutger Bregman told Davos
A growing middle-class is set to drive the sharing economy in the near future.
In 2019, it is a mind-bending exercise to reflect on the past decade of the sharing economy. A time traveller who skipped here from 2009 would note that it has fulfilled both more than, and less than, its original potential.
The social media company has long been expected to make a move into blockchain.
- Facebook is reportedly developing a stablecoin for WhatsApp users in India.
- A stablecoin is a class of cryptocurrency that's pegged to a stable asset like fiat currency or gold.
- India currently has more than 200 million WhatsApp users, and it sees more than $60 billion in global remittances every year.
Baby boomers seem to have had an advantage in nearly every financial metric compared to millennials, according to a new study from the Federal Reserve.
- Millennials earn less, own fewer assets and have more debt than previous generations.
- The fact that millennials' spending habits differ from previous generations is best explained by lower earnings and less wealth, rather than changing tastes.
- Some millennials might be too optimistic about their ability to retire early — or on time.
Political pressure works, y'all!
- Even seasonal/temp workers will benefit from the wage raise.
- The announcement is a direct response to public and political pressure.
- The change begins November 1 — Merry Happy HoliXmas to folks who work there!