Both panoramic and detailed, this infographic manages to show both the size and distribution of world religions.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
"Here I want to remind all of you of a fact that the U.S. publicly defines outer space as a new battlefield," a Chinese foreign minister said.
|U.S. Air Force|
- A Chinese foreign minister refuted U.S. claims that China and Russia are developing space weaponry.
- China and Russia have recently ramped up cooperation on space programs.
- Meanwhile, the U.S. has been skeptical of both nations, arguing that they're likely developing an array of space weapons.
The Kremlin has been eying China for a very long time.
- Russia is not a European power, nor does it strive to be, says Parag Khanna. It is a Eurasian power.
- Western sanctions on Russia, coupled with Asian's economic rise, has inspired Russia to pivot toward China – its largest trading partner.
- The West would understand Russia better if it fully considered Russia's economic reorientation toward Asia, and especially China.
The I Ching serves as a foundation for many Eastern philosophies and Western mathematics.
- The I Ching is the basis for polymath Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz's binary code and subsequently basis of our digital technology.
- Psychologist Carl Jung used the Book of Changes to explore notions of synchronicity or "meaningful coincidence."
- Alan Watts considered the I Ching to be a model that mapped the thinking processes of the human mind.
Asia is experiencing a boom in terms of education and business.
- Less Asians are traveling to America, and this is partly because many U.S.-based top-tier schools have extension campuses in the East.
- Asia is becoming a melting pot itself because countries such as China and Japan are attracting immigrants from across the region, not only to attend the notable universities, but also to find jobs in caring for aging people.
- The tenure of an expat who moves to Asia, if she or he is part of a lucrative business, has extended significantly. This said, there are many Americans, particularly of Asian heritage, who are migrating to cities such as Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo because of thriving industries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.