When it comes to picking a beverage of choice, it should be water, plain and simple. Our bodies are around 60% water. So why shouldn’t we be chugging our eight glasses a day? For some folks, sodas, like Coca-Cola, are their preference. After reading these five practical uses of Coca-Cola around the house they may change their minds.
Coke acts as an acidic cleaner. The amount of acid in soda is enough to wear away at the enamel of your teeth, making them more susceptible to decay. In tests done on the acidity levels of soda, certain ones were found to have PH levels as low as 2.5. To put that into perspective, consider that battery acid has a pH of 1 and pure water has a pH of 7.
Here are some surprising and productive ways you can use America’s favorite soda:
1) Strip paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
2) Got a dirty pool? Add two 2-liter bottles of Coke clears up rust.
3) Clean a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
4) Remove rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil. Also loosens rusty bolts.
5) Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric
For more uses, head over to ViralQuake.