Supplying water to Baja California
Baja California, Mexico
Using wind and solar power to desalinate sea water.
Baja California lacks a sufficient water supply, but its coastal area to land mass makes
it an ideal candidate for creating water desalination nodes where wind turbines can
pump sea/ocean water to covered holding ponds (clear glass covers as an example)
are solar heated to extract fresh water that is collected into fresh water reservoirs.
It is possible that these wind turbines could have a dual purpose providing electricity
as well. The same process can be used in Southern California.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
Some back story
A Dunbar Correlation
Professor Dunbar's response:
Friendship, kinship and limitations
Gray matter matters
There is an eclectic list of reasons why compassion may collapse, irrespective of sheer numbers:
In the end
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.