Stoners and Sex
Gentlemen, put down those blunts. Could it be? A new study suggests that men who smoke marijuana daily are four times more likely to have trouble reaching orgasm than men who don’t. Smokers experience premature ejaculation at almost three times the rate of non-smokers. The experiment, conducted by scientists at La Trobe University in Melbourne, tested 8,656 Australians.
On the bright side, even though male smokers appear to have more problems in bed, they don’t have much problem getting to bed. Pot users were twice as likely to have had two or more sex partners in the previous year than non-smoking men. Female performance doesn’t appear to be affected by the drug.
To be fair, the study definitely has its shortcomings-- one being that it doesn’t show a clear cause-effect relationship between smoking marijuana and sexual performance. There are many other factors that have to be taken into account, like age and alcohol use. But there’s clearly a correlation. What it is, we’ll have to wait and see.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Quoth the parrot — "Nevermore."
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809–1949) is considered one of America's great writers.
- Poe penned his most famous poem, The Raven, in his 30s.
- Originally, the poem's feathered subject was a bit flamboyant.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- Creating a more connected world and indexing the world's information: what could be better than that?
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.