Stoners and Sex
Gentlemen, put down those blunts. Could it be? A new study suggests that men who smoke marijuana daily are four times more likely to have trouble reaching orgasm than men who don’t. Smokers experience premature ejaculation at almost three times the rate of non-smokers. The experiment, conducted by scientists at La Trobe University in Melbourne, tested 8,656 Australians.
On the bright side, even though male smokers appear to have more problems in bed, they don’t have much problem getting to bed. Pot users were twice as likely to have had two or more sex partners in the previous year than non-smoking men. Female performance doesn’t appear to be affected by the drug.
To be fair, the study definitely has its shortcomings-- one being that it doesn’t show a clear cause-effect relationship between smoking marijuana and sexual performance. There are many other factors that have to be taken into account, like age and alcohol use. But there’s clearly a correlation. What it is, we’ll have to wait and see.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
A glass of juice has as much sugar, ounce for ounce, as a full-calorie soda. And those vitamins do almost nothing.
Quick: think back to childhood (if you've reached the scary clown you've gone too far). What did your parents or guardians give you to keep you quiet? If you're anything like most parents, it was juice. But here's the thing: juice is bad for you.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.