statue of liberty for Mexico
I think we should erect a statue of liberty at the Tijuana border. This would represent the principle of allowing people of other countries to emigrate here as exists on the east coast. It is obvious that Mexicans come here to work, that they are needed. They are doing work that most US citizens won't do. Why aren't they welcomed?
A related concept is how white people have traditionally suppressed people of color: indians, chinese, blacks
Europeans were welcomed on the east coast by the statue of liberty.
This statue would have to built of steel so it couldn't be burned down, on land owned by a sympathizer, of a size that is practical to build.....depending what kind of money could be raised.
Dozens of mummified cats were dug up this week. This isn't as shocking as you might think.
- Archaeologists in Egypt have found dozens of mummified cats in the tomb of a royal offical.
- The cats will join the ranks of hundreds of thousands of previously discovered ancient kitties.
- While the cats are nothing special, the tomb also held well preserved beetles.
They're at a higher risk for depression, weekend binge drinking, and unnecessary dieting.
- Body dysmorphia is not limited to women, a new study from Norway and Cambridge shows.
- Young men that focus on building muscle are at risk for a host of mental and physical health problems.
- Selfie culture is not helping the growing number of teens that are anxious and depressed.
Detailed (and beautiful) information on 57 million crop fields across the U.S. and Europe are now available online.
- Using satellite images and artificial intelligence, OneSoil wants to make 'precision farming' available to the world.
- The start-up from Belarus has already processed the U.S. and Europe, and aims for global coverage by 2020.
- The map is practical, and more — browse 'Random Beautiful Fields' at the touch of a button.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.