Space/Time & Time/Space
Space/Time is what we experience here on Earth, 3 dimensions of space (horizontal, vertical, and depth) and 1 dimension of time (the one continuous flow of time). Time/Space is what we will experience if we are able to pierce the veil, 3 dimensions of time (past, present, and future) of wherever you are which is the 1 dimension of space (yourself).
To make an example of this imagine an apple. The outside of the apple is the infinite universe which is space/time. The inside of the apple is time/space which is a continuous loop that can be traveled. In order to reach time/space you must be able to pierce the veil and get in to time/space from space/time. Of course I know the apple isn't infinite, but imagine that apple as the infinite universe.
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
As Game of Thrones ends, a revealing resolution to its perplexing geography.
- The fantasy world of Game of Thrones was inspired by real places and events.
- But the map of Westeros is a good example of the perplexing relation between fantasy and reality.
- Like Britain, it has a Wall in the North, but the map only really clicks into place if you add Ireland.
- Alan Lightman, physicist and author of Einstein's Dreams, examined 30 great scientific discoveries of the 20th century.
- Here he explores the habits of mind that push innovators toward creative breakthroughs.
- His advice for reaching creative heights? Embrace stuck-ness and don't rely on inspiration.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.