Sleepwalking through life?
I'm inclined to agree with Mr. de Grey's thought process here, yet what do we do about it? As certain people may be seen as, or even believe unto their selves, they are "coasting" through life, I believe it is because they, and/or all of us, have not been correctly/completely taught how to observe, interpret and conduct our life (based on the prior two items).
"Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why" 2005-2008 © is my development of how to take one's experience, capabilities and knowledge and assure all is increasingly working in our, and those we associate with, favor. All without adding stress or discounting what we already do or believe we are comfortable with.
"Connect-to-Value" teaches one how to determine what may be incomplete in their actions and desires, causing expected results to not be realized (a "hard pill" for many to "swallow"), and fills in these "missing components." In turn, your ratio-of-agreements (results, accomplishments, etc.) increase exponentially, personally and professionally.
Antimicrobial resistance is growing worldwide, rendering many "work horse" medicines ineffective. Without intervention, drug-resistant pathogens could lead to millions of deaths by 2050. Thankfully, companies like Pfizer are taking action.
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- As we get older, our immune systems age, increasing our risk of life threatening infections. Without reliable antibiotics, life expectancy could decline for the first time in modern history.
- If antibiotics become ineffective, common infections could result in hospitalization or even death. Life-saving interventions like cancer treatments and organ transplantation would become more difficult, more often resulting in death. Routine procedures would become hard to perform.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
- By taking a multi-faceted approach—inclusive of adherence to good stewardship, surveillance and responsible manufacturing practices, as well as an emphasis on prevention and treatment—companies like Pfizer are fighting to help curb the spread.
Long hidden under trees, it's utterly massive
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Christmas has many pagan and secular traditions that early Christians incorporated into this new holiday.
- Christmas was heavily influenced by the Roman festival of Saturnalia.
- The historical Jesus was not born on December 25th as many contemporary Christians believe.
- Many staple Christmas traditions predated the festival and were tied into ancient pagan worship of the sun and related directly to the winter solstice.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.