Shady Lurkers of the night? I think not.
Here's a question for all of you intellectuals out there. Where do bees go at night? I have pondered this question for many a year now and am seeking advice from those around me.
Now, seriously consider this question. Where do our furry friends place themselves when the sun departs? Where do they slumber after the day has vanished? Not once have I ever seen a bee at night. And I can safely say to you that if I were to walk outside now, there would not be one bee in sight.
So, does a bee sleep with the birdfolk in the trees? Possibly underwater as our marine friends do? Or maybe they prefer the quiet life, dwelling in the ground with the majestic creature- the humble ant?
I don't know, that is why I am asking this information of you. And, upon asking this puzzling complexity, another question is poised- where do flies go at night?
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- There are 2 different approaches to governing free speech on college campuses.
- One is a morality/order approach. The other is a bottom-up approach.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright says there are many benefits to having no one central authority on what is appropriate speech.
America continues to tread water in healthcare and education while other countries have enacted reforms to great effect.
- The American healthcare and education systems are known to need some work, but a new study suggests we've fallen far in comparison to the rest of the world.
- The findings show what progress, if any, 195 countries have made over the last twenty years
- The study suggests that economic growth is tied to human capital, which gives a dire view of America's economic prospects.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.