Shady Lurkers of the night? I think not.
Here's a question for all of you intellectuals out there. Where do bees go at night? I have pondered this question for many a year now and am seeking advice from those around me.
Now, seriously consider this question. Where do our furry friends place themselves when the sun departs? Where do they slumber after the day has vanished? Not once have I ever seen a bee at night. And I can safely say to you that if I were to walk outside now, there would not be one bee in sight.
So, does a bee sleep with the birdfolk in the trees? Possibly underwater as our marine friends do? Or maybe they prefer the quiet life, dwelling in the ground with the majestic creature- the humble ant?
I don't know, that is why I am asking this information of you. And, upon asking this puzzling complexity, another question is poised- where do flies go at night?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.