Separation of Church and State and Gay marriage
I believe that every religion has the right to define marriage within its own faith, scripture or situated ethic. However, the government legislates certain rights and privileges to "committed couples" -- health surrogate privileges, taxation, estate laws and the like.
To that extent, I think the government has to define committed couples without reference to any one or more religion's beliefs about what constitutes marriage.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.