Senator, why don't you actually DO something
Senator, you are one of the most powerful people in the world. Who don't you and the rest of the senate use that power to actually solve something? Levy the tax to actually buy alternate energy generators. Mandate the Army Corps of Engineers to erect alternate energy generators around the country. Post a million dollar prize for a 100 mpg automobile propulsion system that will retrofit into existing cars.
$50,000,000,000 will buy a lot more wind turbines than it will buy nuclear power plants. It will also provide the volume of orders to drive the price down so the savings can be used to provide the volume of orders to make photo voltaic roof shingles affordable
My God, Senator! you have the power and the constitution mandate to do that. Stop with these nebulous, fuzzy, transparent attempts to protect wealth and start protecting the future of everyone in this wonderful country
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.